Summer is the best time for BBQs, picnics, and neighborhood parties. And let’s all admit that we want to take our four-legged family member to every event – but these activities are not always safe for pets.
If your furry friend is invited to the next gathering, remember to keep them away from these hazardous foods at all costs. Even if they give you puppy-dog eyes.
- Ribs and other meats on the bone – this includes cooked bones
- Chicken wings
- Hot dogs
- Hamburgers and steaks
- Corn on the cob
- Fruit salad
- Chips and dip – especially guacamole
- Chocolate and all other desserts
Other BBQ and Cookout Items to Avoid:
- The grill and other cooking devices
- Lighter fluid and matches
- Citronella candles and tiki torches
- Glow sticks and other fun jewelry
If your pet does get its paws on one of these BBQ hazards, call the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center Phone Number at (888) 426-4435 or come immediately to the emergency room at our Union location. We’re here 24/7/365.