Soft Tissue & Orthopedic Dog and Cat Surgery in Westfield and Union, NJ
Surgery can be a scary prospect for your pet and you! Yet, at Westfield Veterinary Group, we use the latest technology and best practices to minimize any risks and ensure your pet experiences a smooth recovery. Our skilled veterinarians perform both soft tissue and orthopedic surgeries, meaning you can trust our team no matter what surgery your pet needs.
Your pet’s safety and comfort before, during, and after surgery are our highest priorities. This focus starts well before any procedure begins and lasts through their waking from anesthesia. We ensure their safety through the following protocols:
- Before the procedure, we perform age-appropriate pre-anesthetic blood testing to make sure your pet’s organs are functioning properly and can effectively process and eliminate anesthesia.
- During surgery, we use the latest anesthetic techniques as well as sophisticated equipment which continuously monitors your pet’s heart rate, body temperature, and oxygen levels throughout the procedure and recovery.
- Pain management is an integral part of our pre- and post-operative protocol. Pain medication not only keeps your pet comfortable, but it also helps ensure a faster recovery. Our veterinarians are experts in pain management and use the safest and most effective medications available.
Types of Pet Surgeries We Perform:
At Westfield Veterinary Group, our veterinarians perform a wide range of soft tissue and orthopedic surgical procedures each day.
- Spay and neuter
- Tumor and mass removal
- Hernia repair
- Gastrointestinal surgery
- Foreign body removal
- Gastric dilatation volvulus (GDV)
- Fracture repair
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) surgery
- Patella luxation surgery
- And more…
Promoting Recovery Every Step of the Way
After your pet wakes from anesthesia, we’ll let you know they’re ready to be picked up. When you arrive, a veterinarian or surgical technician will go through detailed post-op recovery instructions with you. If you have questions at any point along the way, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
Additionally, for pets undergoing orthopedic surgery, we offer physical rehabilitation services to help them recover and regain their strength, mobility and flexibility. Rehabilitation services are essential for helping your pet recover faster and get back to enjoying their life with you.
Has your pet been recommended for surgery?
Trust the experts at Westfield Veterinary Group!