The holidays can spell trouble for pets. According to the National Animal Poison Control Center these foods are No-No’s for pets:

  • Chocolate
  • Grapes, raisins
  • Sugar-free gums and candies (containing xylitol)
  • Fatty foods
  • Onions, garlic
  • Compost, mulch
  • Human medications
  • Macadamia nuts
  • Cleaning agents
  • Unbaked bread dough
  • Alcohol

Other Holiday Hazards:

  • Electric Cords
  • Tinsel
  • Ornaments
  • Sponges
  • Styrofoam
  • Rock Salt
  • Antifreeze
  • Christmas Tree Hooks

If your pet gets its paws on one of these items, call the National Animal Poison Control Center at: 1-888-426-4435 or come immediately to our Emergency Room at 1325 Morris Ave. in Union, NJ. We’re here 24/7.