Updated July 31, 2020
We have been monitoring the COVID-19 situation and following guidelines from the CDC and local health organizations. To keep our staff and clients safe and healthy, we have closed our Westfield location, but we are hoping to have it re-opened by mid-August, 2020.
As of August 5th, our Union location will offer emergency care every day from 7 am – 11 pm and will offer limited appointments for pets experiencing an illness, however, we will be implementing the following changes:
- Clients are no longer allowed inside the hospital to ensure our veterinary team’s safety and health. However, there will be exceptions for pets in critical conditions or for euthanasia appointments.
- If your pet is ill or injured, please call us at (908) 777-8387 or (908) 232-1048 when you arrive in the Union parking lot.
- A veterinary technician will triage your pet and gather history over the phone.
- When your pet is ready to be admitted, our technician will call and instruct you to bring your pet to the front door. Our technicians will be wearing masks and gloves for their own protection.
- The veterinarian will call you after the physical exam to discuss findings and the recommended treatment plan.
- If your pet has to be hospitalized, our staff will keep you updated on your pet’s progress and can text photos to keep you connected.
- When your pet is ready to be discharged, you will receive a phone call from our staff with the follow-up plan and discharge instructions and you will be able to retrieve your pet at the front door.
- All payment transactions will be completed over the phone.
- As of March 18th, all prescription refills will be available at the Union location only. Please call ahead to place a refill and pay over the phone. Our staff will provide the medication at the door when ready.
To further reduce foot traffic and to accommodate clients that cannot leave their homes, we can offer prescriptions be delivered to your home through the use of an outside pharmacy until we return to normal operations.
We apologize for any inconvenience over the next two weeks, but we can assure you all of these measures are to keep our staff safe and healthy, so we can continue to provide emergency care to sick and injured pets. We will reevaluate this plan and determine if it needs to continue the past two weeks or when we’ll be able to resume normal operations. Please don’t hesitate to call us with questions regarding your pet’s health.
We ask if you are sick or have flu-like symptoms to not bring in your pet to the hospital, but please call us at (908) 777-8387 or (908) 232-1048, so we can provide further instruction.
We thank all of our wonderful clients and the community for your understanding and support during this difficult time. We will continue to keep our clients updated as the situation is fluid.
Stay safe and healthy.